LATEST ARCHDIOCESAN UPDATE: June 3, 2020 (CLICK HERE)
IN TIME OF COVID 19
Churches remain open for private prayer but scheduled Masses are livestreamed. As soon as this changes we will post it and make the necessary adjustments.
St. Bernard and St. Stanislaus Kostka Church
OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER
On Sundays, following the livestreaming of Masses, the Church will be open from 2 PM – 5 PM. Confession will be available from
4 – 5 PM.
…From Monday thru Saturday the Church will be open from 12:15 PM – 3 PM and Confession will be available from 1- 2 PM.
…All Masses and devotions will continue to be livestreamed with no congregation.
…All of the Federal and State regulations will be strictly observed and you must wear a face mask and observe social distancing in the available areas of the Church at all times.
…There is to be no congregating inside or outside of Church.
…The restrooms will be unavailable at this time.
…There will be a staff member present to ensure that all directives are followed and that the number of people does not exceed what is allowable.
There will be a risk for anyone who comes to Church. Even with the best health practices and strict social distancing, anyone who enters a public space should recognize there is a risk of contracting the coronavirus. Continual cleaning and disinfecting is ongoing in our Church, but no one should expect that they will be any safer from germs than in other public spaces.
REMEMBER...ONLY TEN (10) PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED IN CHURCH AT ONE TIME; AND, YOUR TIME MAY BE LIMITED TO PROVIDE FOR OTHERS.
UPDATE: June 3, 2020
For those who live in Plainfield, and feel that they have been exposed to the Covid19, and would like to be tested, or, if you have any of the symptoms and would like to be tested you can call the Hotline at 908-546-1084 Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm, and after 5 pm and on weekends by calling 908-214-7104, and arrangements will be made for you to be tested. Symptoms to be concerned about are: headache, cough, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, loss of taste and/or smell.
This is to inform you that The Cardinal Archbishop, William Tobin, C.Ss.R., in proactive response to the Coronavirus, has issued the following directives:
- All celebrations of daily and Sunday Mass suspended until further notice.
- All public celebrations of the Sacraments and other public forms of worship suspended until further notice. This includes, but is not limited to, previously scheduled Confirmations, celebrations of First Communion, penitential services, Communion services, and Liturgies of the Word.
- Holy Water should be removed from all fonts.
- Catholic Schools remain closed as directed by the State of New Jersey.
- Catechetical education and events sponsored by the CYO are suspended.
- Wakes and funerals must be postponed until further notice. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of the size of the group. Burials may take place with only the priest.
- All baptisms must be postponed until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.
- All weddings are postponed until further notice.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.
- All churches and adoration chapels must be closed and locked until further notice. Private prayer in any parish building must be discontinued until further notice.
- Parish offices must be closed until further notice. Employees who provide essential services should be limited and on a staggered schedules.
This decision will be reviewed daily, and any new information can be found by clicking on the “COROVAVIRUS UPDATE” box on the homepage of our website or by going to the Archdiocesan website www.rcan.org
In an effort to accommodate the celebration of Mass at home we will live stream Mass at 9:15AM in English and at 6PM in Polish on weekdays and on Saturday evening and Sunday at the regular times: Saturday at 5PM and Sunday at 9AM and 1PM in English and at 11AM in Polish. We will have Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament following the 9AM Mass, throughout the day concluding at 6PM.
Our daily schedule will then look like this: 8:45AM we pray the Rosary followed by Mass followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament; 12 noon we pray the Angelus and the "Jesus Prayer" 100 times (Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.); we pray the Rosary at 3PM; 6PM Mass in Polish; Stations of the Cross in English on Thursdays at 7PM and in Polish on Fridays at 7PM.
You can access the live stream on our website www.bestchurch.net and on the left side click on “Live Mass”. By the way, that site is operational all day long (24/7) so you can click on and virtually visit Church anytime you want. Additional links for a Crisis Text Line, State updates, Archdiocesan updates, worship aids and daily meditations as well as activities for children can be found on the sidebar of this website marked "Links"
We are emailing these updates to everyone whose email address we have. If you would like to receive the update and we do not have your email, you can click on "Contact Us" on this website or call the office at 908-756-3393 and you will be added.
If you have any questions, we are here to assist in whatever way makes you comfortable and assures you that we are working to maintain safe and healthy environments.
You can access pandemic prayers in English and in Polish by clicking on the desired language.
Archbishop's Update June 3, 2020
- Keep updated on the developing situation by staying connected to:
- Encourage families to share faith at home and to pray together.